Monday, January 13, 2014

Milky Way blocks...kinda

I am still working on sorting and folding my entire fabric stash and somewhere along the way I have also been working on a couple blocks. I found a copy of the Milky Way quilt pattern and after looking it over I decided I did not like the size of the stars. Mostly because I have an insane number of 6 1/2 inch squares cut and stashed in my closet. So I tried my hand at adjusting the size of the required pieces for this quilt and it turns out that I kinda like it and I kinda want to make a quilt with the Milky Way stars in blocks instead of the traditional way. (cause I am weird like that....)
 
So here are the first two blocks that I have finished. I am going to put sashing in between them and try to make it a bit of a scrappy rainbow maybe. We'll see....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment