Friday, July 27, 2012

Key West Pillow Cover

I've seen lots of tutes online to make envelope pillow covers and I've been wanting to make one forever. Well today is the 1st day of my "kid-free" vacation so I am trying to catch up on all my sewing and scrapbooking projects while I have tons of time. I got a box of fabric from my dad a few weeks ago. It was given to him by his cousin, who got it from a friend. I think.

Anyway...I found some Key West Hand Print fabric cuts in the box along with two larger pieces. I cut down the fabric pieces, which ranged from 10 x 10 to 10 x 9 to 8 x 9 inch squares, in to 8 x 8 inch squares and then started a disappearing 9 patch quilt top. That's no where close to finished so I will update on that later. The remaining pieces I cut in to strips and the strips that were smaller than 3 inches wide were used for this little project....




Here is the envelope back. It's not perfect but pretty good for my first attempt. I think I may make a couple more :) Please excuse the blue pillow that is stuffed in there, I need to make a couple blank pillow forms but that is a little further down on my to do list.



Oh, and here is a close up of the double needle hem...why did I wait so long to try that?



No comments:

Post a Comment